Indorgro™ Founder, Brad Rubin, was diagnosed with spinal stenosis in 2011. After 4 spinal surgeries, Brad was continuously prescribed opioid medications to treat his chronic pain. These recurring prescriptions of powerful medications impacted him and his family’s livelihood immensely.
The Problem and Solution
Canadians are not strangers to the negative effects of opioids:
• Opioids accounted for as many as 99,836 potential years of productive life lost between 2015-2017 Page 31.
• In 2018, almost 1 in 8 people were prescribed opioids (4.6 million people) Page 5.
• The estimated cost of harms of opioid use in Canada is $3.5 billion annually
• In 2019, 3,998 opioid deaths occurred of which 94% were accidental Page 1.
• 30,843 apparent opioid toxicity deaths between January 2016 and March 2022.
Brad’s story, however, took a positive turn when he discovered medical cannabis as an alternative to opioids to treat and manage his chronic pain symptoms. After 5 long years of being prescribed opioid medication, Brad transitioned to taking medical cannabis May 2017, and thereby significantly improving his quality of life, as well as his family’s.
Still, this solution came at an astronomical cost. Therefore, Brad decided to educate himself on growing his own supply of cannabis at the highest quality, as well as better understanding the Health Canada legal framework and regulations.
Growing cannabis for medical purposes allowed Brad to find the right mixture of genetics that can be used to manage his chronic pain symptoms.
Podcast Interview: Jenna Rubin, Co-Founder of Indorgro April 10, 2021
Indrogro is an affiliate of Cannalogue which is a Health Canada approved online market place for medical cannabis, giving patients choice, competitive pricing, and education support on how to safely and effectively use medical cannabis. Please complete your registration at the link below.